North Country Union High School
Today’s song gives me chills – not sure why 😊 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hGSqqhhokE
The only announcement for today is about the process for grade determination at the end of the year. If you have any questions at all, please let us know! Most of you are all set, but there may be some who will have questions for your counselor. Don’t hesitate to reach out to them!
End-of-Year Grades -
- As of June 15th, your grade for the class will be visible in Powerschool in the F1 column.
- If your grade has improved during the closure, the higher grade will remain as is.
- If there is an “I” above the score, it means that you did not complete sufficient work to determine a final grade.
- You may elect to accept the grade as is, or you may complete work during summer school
- Summer School June 16th-June 26th: This session is for students to work independently to finish previously assigned work that will raise the grade and address the ‘Incomplete’. This is not a session for students who were significantly behind prior to the school closure and who need a credit recovery program.
- Summer School in July (Dates and Times TBD): This session is for students who were significantly behind prior to school closure and were not able to demonstrate proficiency during closure.
- If, by the end of the summer sessions the work is not complete, the grade will automatically be counted as the grade that is listed in F1.
- If you have any questions or extenuating circumstances, please contact your child’s counselor
Our school counselors will be making phone calls this week to let students know of their options.
Other than that, you’re almost there and ready to celebrate the end of the year!
Have a great afternoon,
Congratulations again to all of you North Country Union High School Graduates. You now may view all of the images from graduation by accessing the following link:
or selecting the Online Gallery at: www.donwhipplephotography.com
Your password Is: NCU Graduation 2020
If you wish to purchase additional photographic prints, you may do so or you may double click on any one photograph and use the download arrow over the photograph to download onto your computer.
Please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you should have any difficulties with the process.
Don R. Whipple
If you are experiencing a mental health emergency please contact NORTHEAST KINGDOM HUMAN SERVICES at (802) 334-6744. They provide 24/7 services.
Please check out the new NCUHS SlideShow for information on what is happening at School.
NKHS has established a NKHS Parent Support Line. They have a phone number now dedicated to this community service and they will be doing a "Cold Start" today from 8:30AM-5:00PM. This will be available Monday through Friday 8:30-5:00 until they increase to 24/7 schedule. The plan is to be ready to provide 24/7 coverage.
This line is a dedicated warm line for parents and guardians to access when having difficulty managing their children’s behaviors at home. It is staffed by NKHS’s Children’s Department clinicians.
Feel free to give the number to your families for support in managing children's behaviors starting Friday April 3, 2020 at 8:30AM- 5:00 pm and during the work week.
NKHS Behavior Support Line 749-1111 (no 802 needed if calling from Vermont)
For more Info please contact
Noreen Shapiro-Berry and Marcia Stricker